Take your first steps to use the powerful process of Motivational Interviewing to deepen your ability to guide your clients away from ambivalence and towards change.
Whether you are preparing for the NBHWC exam or are interested in gaining the base skills of MI, this is the course for you.
Join Georgie Coote, NBCHWC, as she guides you through the spirit, processes, key skills, and tools of Motivational Interviewing.
What she will cover:
- The definition of MI
- The Spirit of MI – Partnership, Acceptance, Compassion, and Evocation
- The MI processes of Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, and Planning.
- Gordon’s 12 roadblocks.
- MI key skills – OARS – Open questions, Affirmations, Reflections, and Summaries.
- Identifying change talk and how to respond to it using the key MI skills.
- Three tools used in MI – Rulers, Decisional Balance and Elicit-Provide-Elicit
When you have completed the course, you will have gained the skills to use basic MI principles with your clients.
This CE course is approved by NBHWC for 1 continuing education unit (CEP 100076)
This CE course qualifies for 1 BCC continuing education unit (Fundamental Coaching Skills)